Monday, November 1, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

Our cake baker is old school.

She doesn't do tastings. She only does white or chocolate cake. She only does buttercream frosting. She said she has the ability to recreate anything. She comes highly recommended by our caterer and DOC. She is cheap (~$1.75 per person).

I was sold.

I didn't care that she didn't make hazelnut praline or red velvet cake. I think most people go to weddings expecting chocolate and white and are happy with that.

I don't think people need fancy surprises. Last year I went to a wedding with lemon cake. I bit into my piece of cake thinking it was white, and I did the very unladylike thing and spit it back out onto my plate.

Did I mention that I don't care for lemon (unless it's in my water) and prefer to not be surprised by it?

I LOVED the fact that she only does buttercream frosting. It's the only way to go in my book. That whipped topping frosting is disgusting. Period.

I didn't care that she didn't work with fondant because I don't like fondant anyway. Yes, it's pretty but you can't eat it. I hate going to weddings where the cake has the layer of fondant and I'm trying to peel it off in the most ladylike way possible. (I still think it looks like I'm playing with my food.)

Moving on to my design idea... I L-O-V-E, LOVE Swiss dots. Our entire wedding cake will be covered in Swiss dots.


I'm still debating as to whether I want every tier to be round, or if I want to do two round tiers and two square tiers.

Since we'll have a cake topper and not flowers I want to add color somehow. I might see if our cake baker can add ribbon to the base of each tier like the picture above.

To make our cake table stand out I plan on using a pink or green tablecloth since all the other tables will have white/ivory tablecloths.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE swiss dot!! i had that on the bottom of my wedding dress, i was obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love swiss dots too! It's going to look so great!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...