Sunday, February 13, 2011

Flip Flop Basket

Picture

I decided to have a flip flop basket at our wedding reception after a friend of mine had one at her reception. Those flip flops saved my poor, aching feet when I wanted to get my dance on. {I had worn my super-cute-but-uncomfortable-after-wearing-for-more-than-3-hours lace heels.}

I purchased 18 pairs of flip flops (9 pink and 9 green) from Old Navy.
I splurged a little on Old Navy flip flops because the flip flops I wore at my friend's wedding were the $1 craft flip flops, and after dancing in them for a few hours they started to break and I had to put my heels back on. :(

Here is the breakdown of the sizes I purchased (we plan on having ~125 wedding guests):
Size 11: 1
Size 10: 2
Size 9: 3
Size 8: 7
Size 7: 4
Size 6: 1


Picture


DIRECTIONS:
I placed each pair back to back. To secure them while I put the ribbon on I used 2 rubber bands (1 on the top, 1 on the bottom). I wrapped the thicker ribbon around the flip flops and secured it in the front with double sided tape. Then I wrapped the thinner polka dotted ribbon around and secured it in the front with double sided tape. I placed the size circles on top to cover up where the ends met. I used a 2" circular punch for the larger circle. I printed the sizes on scrapbook paper and punched them out with a 1" circular punch. I used double sided tape to secure the 1" circle to the 2" circle and the 2" circle to the ribbon
.

6 comments:

  1. Where did you get the circles w/ size number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerrilyn,

    I made them. I used a 2" circular punch for the larger circle. I printed the sizes on scrapbook paper and punched them out with a 1" circular punch. I used double sided tape to secure the 1" circle to the 2" circle and the 2" circle to the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your reply!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...