Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We're married!


Brad and I married 10 days ago on June 25th!


It was beautiful.  The weather was gorgeous.  We had 120 friends and family there to celebrate with us.  All of my wedding DIY projects looked fantastic at our venue.  Everyone was so sweet, telling me how I did a wonderful job and how everything looked so beautiful.

I can't wait to get our professional wedding photos back!  In the meantime, 

here are some that our friends and family took.






We spent the better part of Friday decorating our reception venue.  Thank goodness we have such great friends and family members that were so willing to help us with decorating.  After the decorating was done, we had our rehearsal dinner at our favorite college pub.




There was a cloud of sadness that hung over our wedding day.  At 9:45 Saturday morning, I was getting my makeup done in my bridal suite, and my cell phone rang.  It was my dad-- calling to say that my 91 year old grandmother had just passed away.  She would have been 92 on the following Wednesday.  She had been ill for the better part of 5 years and in a nursing home for almost 2 years.  I think I was in shock most of the day.  Since our wedding day was only one day that couldn't easily be repeated, I decided that I would put on a brave face and enjoy myself as much as possible.  I told myself that I could be sad the days after the wedding.  I'd like to think that my grandma wanted to be at the wedding so badly that this was her way to attend-- in spirit.

On the Wednesday after the wedding, Brad and I traveled the 3 hours to my hometown for my grandma's visitation and funeral.  It's been kind of a whirlwind the past two weeks.  


We spent this weekend trying to get our house back to normal (it's still a mess though) and finish the landscaping we've been meaning to do for over a month now.  
Brad and I will be going on a mini-honeymoon this upcoming weekend.  I'll be sure to post photos when we get back. 

Here's a sneak peek of our mini-honeymoon destination.

7 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures. And, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. What a sad thing to happen on such a beautiful day. But, I think you are right, she was definitely an angel watching over you as you walked down the aisle. I'm glad she was able to see how beautiful you looked on your special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! Enjoy every minute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the family pics.
    Isn't it strange? Grandma couldn't physically be there, but she still found a way. Yes, sad, but also amazing: wild horses couldn't keep her away from seeing you and your husband start your beautiful life together.

    Go Chelsea! You is married, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so sorry to hear about your grandma. i know it was sad but i love how you think that it was her way of getting to see you. it made me teary just reading. as for your wedding pictures, they're amazing! you look stunning and your dress is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so sorry about your grandma--what awful news, especially to hear on your wedding day. But it sounds like you had such a great way of thinking about it. You look beautiful, your wedding looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked amazing!I'm loving the cake's flowers! Congratulations and good luck!
    thanks for sharing your pics, they're very inspiring. Nicole XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! you look stunning, congratulations, your wedding looks just perfect!
    I am sooo sorry to hear about your grandmother, I had a similar call the day before the wedding that my grandmother had pulled a muscle in her back that morning and was not going to be able to make it to NY for the wedding. I think she was very anxious and nervous for the trip as it was, but this just made it clear she shouldn't go. It was very sad for me not to have her there, but I did the same thing : Put on a brave face and didn't let it affect what would be the best few days of my life.

    I'm glad your grandmother was there to watch over your wedding in spirit and I'm looking forward to hearing more about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...