I've been working on my card box for over a week now. I can't seem to get the pink color right. I bought 2 different colors of pink at Lowe's-- one was too light and one was too dark. So now I'm mixing them together to make the color I want. I finished painting and decorating the top two boxes though. I just need to cut the card slot on the top box. Here is a pic of my rough mock-up:
Another project I'm beginning to tackle this weekend is the topiaries. I decided to make two topiaries to display on the fireplace edges. I started this project tonight, but I ran out of pink peonies. Needless to say, I'll be making a trip to Joann Fabric's tomorrow and crossing my fingers that they still have some. This is what I plan on the fireplace looking like with the topiaries and wreath I bought. Add some candles and voila!