Monday, April 18, 2011

Hometown Bridal Shower


I had my hometown bridal shower this weekend.  It was a held at what is basically the icon of our small town.  The home, built in 1861, is now known as "The Old Republic" but what was once the home of the Service family.  It is now used as a B&B and you can rent it out for events.  My dad actually lived in the house for a few years when he was younger.

The guests enjoyed wandering around and looking at all the rooms-- some were even adventurous enough to climb the stairs all the way up to the cupola.

My mom used small potted tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, and roses as the centerpieces.  Then, the guests took one home as their favor.  I thought this was a wonderful and beautiful idea!


top left: My mom and me.
top right: Me, my great aunt Vera, second cousin Marie, second cousin Sue, and aunt Connie
bottom right: maid of honor Natalie, me, bridesmaid Melissa
bottom left: cousin Ashley, me, cousin Whitney

I have to tell the story of my Great Aunt Vera because I think it's such a lovely story.  She's originally from England.  My Great Uncle Tom was in WWII and met her in England.  They fell in love and married.  Uncle Tom sent her back to Indiana because he had to finish his tour, and my family met her at the train station for the first time.  Uncle Tom came back, and they started their family.  
To this day, she still has her English accent.  I love it!


My Maid of Honor, Natalie, came up with some pretty spectacular games.  Like the game where I wore an apron covered in tons of stuff and the shower guests had 5 minutes to "view" and remember everything I was wearing then write it all down after I left.  Yes, I'm sporting one of the basketball bikini tops that I fashioned for Natalie, our other sorority sister, Karen, and I in college {we got on the jumbo-tron at college b-ball games wearing those with tank tops on underneath, mind you}.  
I was crafty in college, too.  :)

The cake was delicious!  Half white with raspberry filling and half chocolate with chocolate mousse filling.  Yum!  

I got wonderful gifts-- a Kitchenaid mixer, china place settings, serveware, cake stand, cake decorating set, kitchen towels, glass pitcher, signing frame for the reception, toasting flutes, cake service set, gift basket, and casual barware!

It was a fantastic shower!  I had so much fun seeing and talking with everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Okay, Chelsea, hang on tight because I have a lot of things to say :-) First of all, your hair. Is. To. DIE FOR. I love your curls! Gorgeous! Back when my hair was more than, like, 2 inches long, I was always so jealous of girls with those perfect natural curls like yours. Beautiful! Second, your dress is SO pretty--I really really really love it. Your shower looks so lovely and like a ton of fun, and I think you should consider wearing that basketball bra at the wedding. Just something to think about ;-)

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the basketball bra! too funny! i'm so jealous you got a kitchenaid mixer too! i hope i get one when we start having showers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fantastic time!! What a beautiful shower and you looked so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounded so fun! Glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...